Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubbled clear bra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this. Should I grab some touch-up paint?

I also notice the bumper to frunk is not aligned that well. On the flip side I noticed that the whole hood and fenders is ppf so I guess that's a win

EDIT:: I was just wondering if this is something Tesla would fix under warranty? Clearly that paint isn't chipped from a rock.

Attachments

• IMG_20200224_144742.jpg
    IMG_20200224_144742.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Unfortunately those are results of a bad installation. Some of those are air pockets that formed from the lack of attention from the previous installer when squeeging the water out. The "pinched" looking air pockets usually occurs when the installer tries to force water out from an area that is already tacked, thus wrinkling or pinching the film.

The air in the more rounded air pockets can be drawn out with a syringe, but there isn't much that can be done with the wrinkled or pinched areas. We put these videos together to show what the bumper can look like if done correctly.

So many questions after picking up the car today. Car came with a clear bra that is bubbled/wrinkled in multiple places. The car was originally sold in July of 2019 so the bra went on then or after, I believe it was after. At the very front, near the middle of what would be a grill, there is some water stuck behind one of the bubbles. Is there anyway to fix this? I think it said on the car fax who installed this thing so I'm going to try to contact them if that is the case assuming the dealer will send it over to me.

Can these things just be peeled off?

You can peel it off but will want to heat it with hot water, heat gun or steam so you don't leave allot of glue behind.

This said If you can find out who installed it, I'd assume they'd help you fix the issues as having the clear bra on the car will help a great deal with rock chips, scratches etc... sometimes even small accidents with the clear bra installed can save our paint.