Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

building a tesla powered mk2 mr2 using p85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can any one help . what battery cable ( size ) should i use to join the batteries together .
tesla.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
I don't have an answer but am eager to see the project progress.
I have heavily modified ICE vehicles and managed to teach myself a lot. Never had an engine scatter. If I can set up a ring and pinion in a 500hp 4200lbs car and do internal engine work like camshaft swap, you can connect battery segments together.
Don't let the people who don't know what end of a screwdriver does what tell you EV components are too complicated.

I don't have an answer but am eager to see the project progress.
I have heavily modified ICE vehicles and managed to teach myself a lot. Never had an engine scatter. If I can set up a ring and pinion in a 500hp 4200lbs car and do internal engine work like camshaft swap, you can connect battery segments together.
Don't let the people who don't know what end of a screwdriver does what tell you EV components are too complicated.
There are very few components of an ICE powertrain that can kill you instantly when you touch them. This is coming from somebody who firmly understands what the business end of a screwdriver does. If somebody with more ambition than common sense starts messing around with one of these cars and nukes their house and themselves it's going to look bad for all of us.

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
Hmmh maybe he is separating the battery modules because there certainly isn't room for the whole "skateboard". So perhaps put a few modules in the frunk, few in place of ICE, etc?

That can be done with cabling. Cables should be as thick as possible to avoid losses. Good starting point would be to measure the cables coming from the battery to the drive unit, and use at least same dimension if not thicker.

I have actually built a Datsun 100A EV, with Nissan Leaf battery modules.. But I only have 84VDC battery so it's much safer to work with. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr