Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Building permit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Southern California,

I am wondering how long the building permit process took?

Excited about getting my system, If anyone has any questions, or is on the border line about the purchase and is in the Riverside/Corona area, would like to view my system, just let me know, once its up ill be happy to help.

I feel like I'm equipped to help answer as I'm in South Corona.

My installer and I expect the permit to finally be issued sometime this coming week.

My main panel upgrade is scheduled for 5/14/18.

We submitted our original plans 3/30/18, we had one round of corrections which delayed things.

I'm getting 10.89kW of solar installed along with 2 powerwalls.

Wow thats an awesome system, I am getting a 2.9 kw system with one Powerwall.

Luckily I didn't need a panel upgrade. Waiting on permit, and hopefully installation, sometime this month.

Did you need a referral code by any chance?

From Southern California,

I am wondering how long the building permit process took?

Excited about getting my system, If anyone has any questions, or is on the border line about the purchase and is in the Riverside/Corona area, would like to view my system, just let me know, once its up ill be happy to help.
In my area, it takes 2 weeks per application. It took me 2 months for other reasons, but it was 2 weeks each time through the pipe. It really depends on your jurisdiction/city.

It really helps if you know where your building-permit office is, and you can send emails/phone in to ask questions independently of your installer. Only you will have total focus and time for your project.

PTO takes about 1 day via SCE, but ONLY from the time when your installer submits the final paperwork via PowerClerk. Mine took 2 weeks because it took my installer a while to sort finishing inspections and then actually getting around to submitting the final inspection paperwork.