Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bump / Ridge on Steering Wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2022 Model Y Performance yesterday and noticed a quality defect on the steering wheel. There’s an area that the steering wheel cover is bunched, creating a bump/ridge. I have a 2021 Model Y LR and the steering wheel is perfect. Has anyone run into this, or had it fixed by Tesla? I guess they would need to replace the steering wheel. It looks worse in real life than the pictures.

FAEEBAE7-7BE4-4C46-AF21-4CF848A6C7EF.jpeg

43F5C97D-5151-4494-8AA3-2E9451BAD9EB.jpeg

Upon delivery, I had that kind of bump right above the right scroller, and the sewing at the bottom of the steering wheel was not at center. I created a service request and they did replace it via mobile service.... however, that led to a crazy series of replacement.... I got 3 replacements, so far- the 1st replacement had lots of scratches and the heated function did not work. Then the 2nd replacement got a deep scratch on the plastic and the left scrolling wheel was stiffer than normal. The 3rd replacement, again, has lots of scratches and the airbag does not sit flat - one side is higher than the other side. The car is one month old and I am kind of feeling lost now, not sure what to expect. I was told those 3 were new parts. Should I request another service to replace it again? I don't want to be a crazy customer. I just want to get a new steering wheel that is free of defect. Am I too crazy and too picky or is the quality is just like that? I

Upvote 0