Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Used Model 3 With Full Self Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has already been covered, and I apologize if it's been asked a million times, but I searched for a bit and read a few threads and I'm more confused now than I was before I started reading.

I'm looking to purchase a used Model 3. One of the things I'm hoping to find is a car that already has Full Self Driving that I won't have to pay the monthly subscription for.

What exactly do I need to look for to make sure that it already has the computer and the feature is active so that I won't have to pay monthly to use it? Is there any way to guarantee that I'm not going to lose it?

Thank you for all of your insight.

If you’re buying from a private party, then you’re relying on the honesty of the seller and whatever contract you create for the sale. Since Tesla allows owners to transfer FSD to a new Tesla (for now), you want to make sure the seller doesn’t do this. If you buy from Tesla or a dealer, make sure the description makes it clear the car has the FSD option, not just the capability.