Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used Tesla from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

G18rad

Nov 6, 2019
UK
Good Morning,

This is my first post, so hello to everyone!

I have recently ordered a used Model S from Tesla UK. Since ordering (4 days ago) and emailing a few times I have had no response apart from the initial thankyou email.

I am trying to find out when the car will be ready for collection as I have no idea. I don't think my request is anything unusual however, it feels like I am being ignored.

Any ideas from previous experience?

Thanks

Good Morning,

This is my first post, so hello to everyone!

I have recently ordered a used Model S from Tesla UK. Since ordering (4 days ago) and emailing a few times I have had no response apart from the initial thankyou email.

I am trying to find out when the car will be ready for collection as I have no idea. I don't think my request is anything unusual however, it feels like I am being ignored.

Any ideas from previous experience?

Thanks

A fairly typical Tesla approach to customer service from reading other folk posts. Lots seem to like the internet ordering approach but for me it's better to drive 2hrs to nearest service centre and beard folk face to face (tesla staff are actually very nice when you get to speak to one). Alternatively you ring sales since thats the number that tends to be answered and get a name and a direct phone number, direct email address or whatsapp contact to be able to nag. Take no prisoners - you're the bloody customer that pays their wages.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Here it is in short:

It is usual and customary to have little to no communication from Tesla reps during the process. Yes, it is possible/probable you are being ignored. Getting a hold of someone is very difficult, and it is by design. This is the faceless business model Tesla believes will make return customers out of first time customers who have the money to spend $50 -$120K on a car. Eventually your car will arrive, but it may take weeks. It will not be cleaned, vacuumed nor showroom ready. Be ready to turn it down if it is not represented properly in the pictures they sent you.

It is basically the antithesis of good customers service, aimed mostly at the iphone demographic willing to wait on line in the rain for days for a new phone camera, just to be part of the club.

Word search this forum for "customer service" and you'll have more posts than you have time to read.

I ordered on Monday morning and was informed on Thursday evening that my car was scheduled for my pickup on Saturday. There was a bit of communication in between, but not a lot. First contact by the delivery team was about 36 hours. Not sure if that was helped by the fact that I was already corresponding with a sales advisor in advance of making the order.

I ordered a new-to-me MS 75d earlier this year (in the UK). No communication for 3-4 days... but then I got a call asking for confirmation which service centre I would like the car delivered to (Edinburgh in my case), and was booked to pick it up a few days later. Car was in showroom condition when I collected it and I was happy with the whole experience.

One note if you are getting a 75d and would like to make sure it is uncorked... when you get put in contact with the service centre for delivery I would ask them to doublecheck it is indeed uncorked. Mine wasn't, but a Tesla ranger came and uncorked it a week or so later for me.