Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Absolutely Disgusted With Tesla & Connected Solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to share my experience with Tesla and Connected Solutions (installed in June 2022).

Everything started off OK with my system being registered and participating right away, as far as I could tell.

After a couple of events, there were suddenly no more events which I thought was very odd considering how warm it was. As I recall, I started inquiring with Tesla/CS to determine if I was missing any events; unfortunately, as we all know, Tesla's not all that helpful/responsive.

It ultimately took approximately 1 month before my event participation resumed (Tesla found something wrong on their end) and they continued through the end of August.

Fast forward to Dec 2022 and I receive an email requesting that I confirm my address for the CS payout. I confirmed and that was the *last* I heard on the matter. Over the *next year* I tried repeatedly to call into Tesla Energy Support and each time I was asked to give them a few weeks to resolve. I probably called at least 10 times from Feb 2022 until Feb 2023.

On the most recent call, I was told that Energy Support wasn't the place to call (contrary to what I had been told all previous times). I was shocked as this either meant that I was being lied to now OR I had been lied to all those previous times.

Ultimately, they told me *again* to email [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]; as I emailed them several times in the past with minimal response, I wasn't expecting much. Shockingly, I received a response from the EnergyHub email informing me that I was due to receive a payment for 2023 but since my system didn't discharge in 2022, there would be no payout.

I have replied several times after this stunning revelation, stating that I most certainly participated in 2022 (I have my own records plus Tesla app exports) but it seems that I am once again being ignored over the past few weeks.

On top of this all, my problems didn't stop with the 2022 program year. For 2023, I never received a notification welcoming me to the program (I didn't expect one since I was already in the program or so I thought!). After repeated calls (more requests to wait and give them time), Tesla VPP suddenly showed in my Tesla app and I started participating through early Sept 2023.

This whole debacle as turned what should have nearly $4K in incentives (based on my participation) to a paltry $475 for only 2023.

Tesla is simply horrible with each inquiry always being with a new individual and virtually no followup each time.

I assume you are in massachusetts? I so, please do call the state attorney General. I did when I had my system installed in May 2021, and tesla couldn't be bothered to file the paperwork so I could get my meter and turn on my system. One call to the AGs office in August 2021 yielded the paperwork being filed by Tesla the next day. Funny how that works. I am not sure how the AGs office is in other states, but in Massachusetts, they are phenomenal.

• Informative
Reactions: Koolio46 and jhn_
I assume you are in massachusetts? I so, please do call the state attorney General. I did when I had my system installed in May 2021, and tesla couldn't be bothered to file the paperwork so I could get my meter and turn on my system. One call to the AGs office in August 2021 yielded the paperwork being filed by Tesla the next day. Funny how that works. I am not sure how the AGs office is in other states, but in Massachusetts, they are phenomenal.
Hi there

I tried filing a complaint with the AG's office back in August (online form) but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'll have to try calling them