Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Autopilot on used Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok ... I've read and read on this topic, and I'm still a little confused!

Since I just bought a used 2017 Model X from a non-Tesla dealer lot and discovered AP2 is non-functional on it -- I assume that means its original owned purchased it without paying for autopilot functionality.

How much will it cost me to enable it now? And what's the deal with the Tesla web site not displaying any options for purchasing AP in the Tesla store after I sign in?

I see a lot of discussion about the recent discounted pricing on buying full self-driving or basic autopilot based on adding it to a new Tesla at time or purchase, or alternately, adding it after taking delivery of a newer one. And also see where that discount ended. But are any of those price figures relevant when you're the second owner of a Model X like this that was purchased in mid to late 2017, initially?

Can I just purchase "EAP" for this one, now, if I don't want to pay for the full self-driving (with the understanding that means I won't qualify for a free hardware upgrade down the road when more self-driving features come along that require it)?

I am the only owner for my AP2.5 Model X and also cannot see how to buy EAP or FSD. I was just curious where we were on this roller coaster. Seems if prices are going to keep rising, Elon might have closed the gate in our lane.

I am the only owner for my AP2.5 Model X and also cannot see how to buy EAP or FSD. I was just curious where we were on this roller coaster. Seems if prices are going to keep rising, Elon might have closed the gate in our lane.

They no longer sell EAP. If you buy a car that has it, you get it. But they stopped selling it in February of this year I think.

You should be able to purchase FSD from your Tesla my account page after you click on manage for that Vehicle. It shows up at the bottom for me.