Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying CPO Tesla 85D vs 90

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need help thought I would tag on this thread.

Looking to buy a used S. I’ve driven a friends and think they’re awesome. I’m not used to plunking $50,000 on something I’ve never seen and can’t get any information about. So I have questions. First I know my mission. I drive approximately 30,000 miles a year. I live in Columbus Ohio and travel the state for work as well as have children in travel hockey.

First questions is what battery to get? It’s either the 85 or 90 when buying used. And should I have 4 wheel drive?
Also whats the cold weather package?
What else should I be looking at?
How much battery degradation is needed for a battery to be replaced under warranty?
Do the used cars come with the proper charging cords and adaptors?
The forum discusses sales tax in the state its picked up from. I thought sales tax was paid where the car is titled. Can’t I just go pick it up? The road trip is half the fun.
Why is it so hard?

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions but thanks in advance for the answers.

Lawrence

Need help thought I would tag on this thread.

Looking to buy a used S. I’ve driven a friends and think they’re awesome. I’m not used to plunking $50,000 on something I’ve never seen and can’t get any information about. So I have questions. First I know my mission. I drive approximately 30,000 miles a year. I live in Columbus Ohio and travel the state for work as well as have children in travel hockey.

First questions is what battery to get? It’s either the 85 or 90 when buying used. And should I have 4 wheel drive?
Also whats the cold weather package?
What else should I be looking at?
How much battery degradation is needed for a battery to be replaced under warranty?
Do the used cars come with the proper charging cords and adaptors?
The forum discusses sales tax in the state its picked up from. I thought sales tax was paid where the car is titled. Can’t I just go pick it up? The road trip is half the fun.
Why is it so hard?

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions but thanks in advance for the answers.

Lawrence
Get the 85D...dual motors will be useful In your climate, and slightly more efficient.

Cold weather package has heated rear seats and steering wheel. Highly recommend for your climate. You will extend range greatly in the winter as these options will let you turn the cabin heater down.

Most cars are pretty loaded. For sure, you want AP and free SC is a MUST...

No set answer on degradation for MS. Anything approaching 30% will likely cause other problems and result in replacement under the 8yr warranty.

Used cars do have mobile connector and some adapters. The charger is not the cable. Other adapters on the Tesla store.

Do your research. Tesla tap is a great site to start. When you find a car you like, look up the VIN on EV hunter.com for options and price history.

Yes, you can travel to pick it up, I would. Cannot talk to sales tax.

Agree about buying the car sight unseen. Aim to know more about the car than the sales people or DA. Most of it is on the forums. Search!!