Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t touch it without Tesla checking it over. It seems like Tesla could match you with a car for almost the same money. You’d have the newer springs, too.

Car has the newer springs retrofitted.

I’m not sure what ur damages came out to ..if anything Tesla insurance will try to recover their amount paid but there is a point of diminishing returns on uninsured drivers once u start adding in lawyer fees ..Tesla insurance has zero incentive to try and claim DV for u ..as they will have hard enough time trying to get what was paid out if anything .. ..if u want honest reasonable value of car take to CarMax and see what they will offer with a car with accident record ..my money says mid-high 30s :(..keep in mind 2019s most likely being built now ..so your car is essentially 2years old with accident

Thought about going to Carmax just for an idea what they will give. The accident is not on the cars record. It was repaired through Tesla themselves. They supplied the parts and paid the body shop out of pocket. However that doesn't mean the car has not been in the accident. Legally I have to mention it.

Hey that's my car!

I am asking 44K because I still owe 40K on the loan. Leaves room for someone to haggle me down. I do agree its asking a lot for the cars history but that's what I owe so that's what I have to ask.

Since there are a few people here ill ask. What does everyone think its worth? How about without the accident?

Also does anyone mind if I use this thread as ammo for a diminished value claim?

Feel free to ask any questions about the car, especially you OP.

Car was repaired at Service King in Fremont and I have the original estimate for the repairs. Working on getting the final one. Car has one more visit to the shop tomorrow to get the trunk aligned and the front bumper painted due to paint damage around the tow hook cover.

40MPH is an estimate. That is the speed limit on that road. They hit the brakes about 10-15 feet before hitting us. Everyone speeds on that road so I left it at 40MPH.
You're being really kind to Tesla, seems to me.
Tesla wrecked your car, yet is not making you whole for the DV.
I think I'd sue Tesla for DV, since Tesla could elect to resolve the whole issue by instead handing you a brand new car meeting your specs and send you on your way, with an apology for wrecking your car while in their care.
In Georgia, you could sue in small claims court for $10k (or less). My guess is Tesla would write you a check or swap out your vehicle (putting yours in the test drive/loaner fleet) rather than incur the cost/hassle of dealing with the small claims suit.
Cheers.