Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying used tesla model s LR+ 2020 54k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Experts,

I really need your inputs I am considering to buy 2020 MS LR+ with FSD and 54k miles for 46k, what should I be worried about I know it's out of warranty on bumper to bumper but I feel it's a very good deal, please help me

Thanks

Hello Experts,

I really need your inputs I am considering to buy 2020 MS LR+ with FSD and 54k miles for 46k, what should I be worried about I know it's out of warranty on bumper to bumper but I feel it's a very good deal, please help me

Thanks

My rule of buying a used car (gasoline or EV) is do I have a budget to pay for out-of-warranty repairs.

I would consider FSD is a gimmick to impress friends but I wouldn't take it seriously.

Reactions: teko and morbidz
Upvote 0
That looks to be a good deal in my opinion. But if you can get a CarFax that's a good idea....

XCare has you covered with a warranty! We designed warranties to mirror the Tesla Extended Service agreement but with flexible terms. You can take advantage of XCare regardless of where you purchase the vehicle. We even have Battery and Drive Unit coverage! Just something to make your purchase a little easier :)
check us out: EV Extended Warranty | Xcelerate Auto - xcelerateauto.com

Hope we can welcome you to the Tesla family soon!

-Team XCare

Upvote 0
thanks for your reply so minus FSD how do you think this deal fairs?

Pay an additional $2,400 to Tesla, and you get:

Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty: December 2023 / 50,000 total miles (14,192 miles more plus the below after this expired)

Used Vehicle Limited Warranty: Additional 1 year / 10,000 miles Begins after Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty: December 2027 / unlimited mileage

1695843432267.png

Reactions: morbidz
Upvote 0
Pay an additional $2,400 to Tesla, and you get:

Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty: December 2023 / 50,000 total miles (14,192 miles more plus the below after this expired)

Used Vehicle Limited Warranty: Additional 1 year / 10,000 miles Begins after Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty: December 2027 / unlimited mileage

View attachment 977639
thanks Tam, is this the long range plus or a different version sorry not sure on the model

Upvote 0
thanks Tam, is this the long range plus or a different version sorry not sure on the model
You are right. I missed the "+".

+=402 EPA miles
without +=373 EPA miles

The difference of 29 miles.

Your price is not a bargain but if you bought it, I would recommend to get the extended warranty from:

Upvote 0
You are right. I missed the "+".

+=402 EPA miles
without +=373 EPA miles

The difference of 29 miles.

Your price is not a bargain but if you bought it, I would recommend to get the extended warranty from:

thanks Tam I passed on it, will keep looking. Appreciate your inputs

Reactions: Nissanman
Upvote 0