Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA (Bay area) WTB MODEL S EITHER 2013 pre or 2016 facelift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S P85+

Midnight Blue with tan interior. 70,300 miles.

All options except cold weather package.
Carbon Fiber Décor.
Carbon Fiber Spoiler.
Pano/Sunroof.
Tech Package.
Smart Air Suspension.
2nd/Hi-Power Charger.
'+' Plus Suspension.
Premium/Alcantara Interior. Small tear on left A pillar and wear on left bottom B pillar trim. (cost of new B pillar trim $250)
Ultra Hifi Sound.
RWD/Single Motor – larger frunk space.
21 inch Turbine Silver Wheels with some curb scuffing.
Recent deep-clean detailing.
Carpet and floor mats like new.
New old stock next gen front seats just installed.
Rear seats in good condition with 2 minor car-seat dents that may come out with heat gun/hair dryer method or just over time.
No warranty.
Free Supercharging.
250 miles @ 100% charge, 225 miles @ 90%

This is a driver’s car with no AP or parking sensors.

Battery replaced with upgraded contactors at ~1 years old. Drive unit replaced for milling noise at ~2 years. One door handle replaced ~1 year ago. Right rear window regulator replaced recently. Main screen replaced ~1 year ago with unit now showing the “yellow ring”. Was told that screen will be replaced for free when new updated units are available soon, no matter who owns the car. (note: some are now reporting new screen replacement may cost $1,500-$1,700). Only 1 small door ding from some jerk with a paintball gun, looks like an easy paint-less dent repair. Dings on rear bumper with quote from body shop to fix at ~$1,200.

There's one for sale I've been drooling over for a couple weeks just north of your price range for a 2016 S60. You could buy it and save me from temptation...

2016 Model S 60 52K Miles $42.5
man, i was about to buy it. But the seller still has a loan with the bank (which means the bank own the car's title)
So if i buy, i will have to pay him in full with transaction contract paperwork, then he will use part of the money to pay off from the bank. Then he will mail me the title after that.
But seems sketchy for me, so i passed

2013 Model S P85+

Midnight Blue with tan interior. 70,300 miles.

All options except cold weather package.
Carbon Fiber Décor.
Carbon Fiber Spoiler.
Pano/Sunroof.
Tech Package.
Smart Air Suspension.
2nd/Hi-Power Charger.
'+' Plus Suspension.
Premium/Alcantara Interior. Small tear on left A pillar and wear on left bottom B pillar trim. (cost of new B pillar trim $250)
Ultra Hifi Sound.
RWD/Single Motor – larger frunk space.
21 inch Turbine Silver Wheels with some curb scuffing.
Recent deep-clean detailing.
Carpet and floor mats like new.
New old stock next gen front seats just installed.
Rear seats in good condition with 2 minor car-seat dents that may come out with heat gun/hair dryer method or just over time.
No warranty.
Free Supercharging.
250 miles @ 100% charge, 225 miles @ 90%

This is a driver’s car with no AP or parking sensors.

Battery replaced with upgraded contactors at ~1 years old. Drive unit replaced for milling noise at ~2 years. One door handle replaced ~1 year ago. Right rear window regulator replaced recently. Main screen replaced ~1 year ago with unit now showing the “yellow ring”. Was told that screen will be replaced for free when new updated units are available soon, no matter who owns the car. (note: some are now reporting new screen replacement may cost $1,500-$1,700). Only 1 small door ding from some jerk with a paintball gun, looks like an easy paint-less dent repair. Dings on rear bumper with quote from body shop to fix at ~$1,200.
Do you mean the main battery or just the small 12V battery? And did Tesla tell u the screen will be replaced for free? (and did they give approximate time?)

Main battery was replaced when the contactor(s) failed, basically the big switches that connect the high voltage to the motor. It was common on the earlier cars. No battery problem since then. Tesla service said that the screen would be replaced free but now I'm seeing threads here that they're working on some kind of "software fix" or will replace the screen for a fee. This is the screen itself, not the whole display computer.

When you buy a 6 year old car you can expect some wear. Besides the B pillar wear, another common issue, the interior is like new, especially with the new seats. Things to be fixed is one reason it's in your price range. The last DMV was $354 including the EV car fee. Registration expires in OCT.

PM me your phone number if you'd like to discuss. I'm hesitating selling it but wife is not so attached to it. I was supposed to swap it for a coworkers Model X plus cash but his wife changed his mind so I paid for the X in full. I would sell in your range of $30-$32k but we should talk about it, for instance, I can get the bumper and screen dealt with first so you don't have to but that would affect the selling price and schedule.