Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its funny when people who don't know what they're talking about try to correct someone that actually has experienced it first hand what they're talking about...smh

The $2,000 extra I got was because I qualified as low-income. I may have mixed up the chart #s between low income and the high income cap in my original post, but that doesn't change the point. If you qualify as low-income, you get more money.

I have about 20 emails between myself and Katie from CVRP to prove this to you if you want me to forward them to you?

Dude, all I said was the $150k figure was inaccurate, nothing else. If you check my post, I bolded this: Anyone making less than $150k a year is considered low-income, its great!

That's why I posted the chart. I do not need proof that you got it, I'm sure you did.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I got a check from Californian 2 weeks ago for $4500. $2500 + $2000 for being considered "low income".

Anyone making less than $150k a year is considered low-income, its great!

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project - Currently the funding that was stopped on June 5th is back open as of the Sept 24th. They've been refunded and are paying people who were on the wait list. Apply now before it runs out again!

This is incorrect, and your disagree with the person who posted the information from the website is also incorrect. Look at the link that was posted. Under 150K is the limit to get the rebate AT ALL, not "Low income". So, anyone under 150k can get the apply for the rebate. To get the "increased" rebate for the "low income" you need to meet the threshholds posted.

Since sometimes people dont like to click the links, here is the text from the website. Its pretty clear:

======================================================

Income Cap for Higher–Income Consumers
income_cap.png
Consumers are not eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the thresholds listed below. The income cap applies to all eligible vehicle types except fuel–cell electric vehicles.

Vehicle Date of Purchase/Lease* Income Cap
November 1 2016 – Present
  • $150,000 for single filers
  • $204,000 for head–of–household filers
  • $300,000 for joint filers

Increased Rebate Levels for Low– and Moderate–Income Consumers
increased_rebate.png
Consumers with household incomes less than or equal to 300 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible for an increased rebate amount as listed below. The option to apply for an increased rebate is shown on the online application based on the income information the applicant provides. Applicants who are claimed as dependents are not eligible for increased rebates regardless of their income. Increased rebate amounts are available for fuel–cell electric vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and plug–in hybrid electric vehicles.

Vehicle Date of Purchase/Lease* Increased Rebate
November 1 2016 – Present Standard rebate amount** increased by $2,000

For the purposes of CVRP, a household includes all family members or other unrelated persons, including the rebate applicant, who reside together and share common living expenses. Income verification is completed for all members of the household ages 17 years and older. Note: Roommates who do not have a lease separate from the applicant are considered part of the applicant’s household.

The table below lists the Increased Rebate Household Income Limits effective July 1st 2019. These numbers are based on 300% of the 2019 Federal Poverty Level. For example, a family of 3 with a combined household income of less than $63,990 would qualify for the increased rebate.

2019 Increased Rebate Income Limits
Household Size
Combined Household Income must be less than*:
1 $37,470
2 $50,730
3 $63,990
4 $77,250
5 $90,510
6 $103,770
7 $117,030
8 $130,290
For households with more than 8 persons, add $13,260 for each additional person.

*These values are equal to 300% of the 2019 Federal Poverty Level Guidelines

=====================================

So, no, under $150k is not considered "low income" for the purposes of this rebate from the state. People already think poorly enough of california, and people think everyone out here is rich as it is, lets not post false information about that.

What "under 150k" is, is eligible to get the rebate at all. If you have a family of 3, your income must be below 64k to be "low income"

I was one of the first people on the waitlist that was recently funded. My income last year was under 150k and I did not receive additional money, nor was I even asked to verify income (which would be necessary to receive any additional "low income" rebate).

I would not have expected to receive any additional funding, per the reasons mentioned/quoted in this thread as to the requirements.

• Disagree
Reactions: jjrandorin
:rolleyes:

o_O

Meanwhile, I got my check for $4500 weeks ago. Stay classy internet warriors~

No one said you couldnt get 4500, we said "under 150k is not considered low income. You obviously meet the correct income threshhold (which is not 150k) so you got your refund.

"I love it when people disagree with information about a program that is posted directly from the people running the program"

Yep, stay classy.

In other news, I would be kinda salty if they increase the rebate amount right after they send me a check. I recently got approved but no check has been processed and I'm wondering if they will retroact from a certain date if they increase the base rebate amount.

Tesla Owners can dream!