Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat Protection: how to activate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

What are the conditions that allow the activation of the Cabin Overheat Protection?

I’ve had my 2019 Model S for about 2 weeks now but I can’t seem to activate it. I’ve tried waiting until it’s >40 degrees in the car, I’ve tried waiting for 15 minutes after driving, I’ve tried waiting 24 hours of not using the car, I’ve tried it with the climate control off and on.

What am I missing?

Bye!
K.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.png
    IMG_1375.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 19
On the APP page in your photo above, on the right side of the "Cabin Overheat Protection," slide the button to the right side to turn it on. It should turn blue.

Also, in the car:
To turn on, touch Controls > Safety > Cabin Overheat Protection and choose:

• On: The air conditioning operates when the cabin temperature exceeds 40° C, or the selected temperature if available, on the touchscreen or mobile app. Customizing temperatures may require the most recent version of the mobile app.
  • No A/C: Only the fan operates to prevent touch surfaces from getting too hot.
  • Off: Disables Cabin Overheat Protection

Since you have a European Model S, you first have to disable the Tilt/Intrusion feature.

You can find out more here: Tesla Owner's Manual
View attachment 1049029
Thank you, that must be it!

However I can’t disable tilt/intrusion haha

Do you have any idea? Else no problem, I was planning on setting up a service appointment in the next 2 weeks anyway.

Edit: Ah, can’t turn it off with Sentry mode engaged. I’ll try that later today!

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    535.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: DerbyDave