Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculating cost of electricity used

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see an app like Stats for Android. I don't want to get a subscription model that charges a monthly fee for each Tesla. Especially it is desktop based and has a lot of info that I don't really need.

I have set up Trip A as monthly data and Trip B as Life time data. The Trip A is reset on the 1st of each month.

I can get the KWh used each month from the bottom of trip A, right? And I multiply that by the cost of electricity used (12c per KWh) to know my cost of electricity. I almost never use supercharger and if I do I might subtract that and file it separately or add that KWh as increased cost electricity.

I would like to know what is the approximate wasted electricity between the meter and what the car uses by the AC-DC conversion and other wastage. Is it 10%. I can that multiply that to my total bill.

I just want an approximate monthly amount to compare with what I spent before, which was almost exclusively Costco gas.

I think 15-20% loss is expected, but I think you'd also need to factor phantom drain, which according to Stats across all users would be somewhere in the range of 0.3mi/hr whenever it isn't plugged in. Likely more if you're heavily using Sentry Mode.