Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Credit Union ( CCU) - 66 months at 2.24%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do we need to have referral?
No referral needed. I applied online. After you apply, it gives the the 800-334-8788 number you can call if you want to check on the status. They are open 7 am to 7pm M-F. Make sure you check your spam folder after you apply. I got a "Thank you for submitting your application" that ended up in my gmail spam folder. That email has a link to check the status of your loan. It took them like ~ 2 hours to get back to me.

Just an FYI this place offers the 66 & 60 months at 2.24%.

Just got final approval from CCU. Remember to ask them for the Copy of the Check and the tracking number if you urgently need it. My car is getting delivered tomorrow afternoon and Tesla said all they need is the tracking number and a copy of the check from the credit union if they are doing next day for the check. They are sending me documents to sign via docusign to join the the credit union.

They also offered me 90 days of no payments so my first payment won't be until September 26th.

All in all, the credit union definitely worked fast and they are pretty on top of getting this approved.

Last edited:
Just got final approval from CCU. Remember to ask them for the Copy of the Check and the tracking number if if you urgently need it. My car is getting delivered tomorrow afternoon and Tesla said all they need is the tracking number and a copy of the check from the credit union if they are doing next day for the check. They are sending me documents to sign via docusign to join the the credit union.

They also offered me 90 days of no payments so my first payment won't be until September 26th.

All in all, the credit union definitely worked fast and they are pretty on top of getting this approved.
Hmm I like the 90 day no payments. Did they happen to mention how long they would lock in a rate for? I'd like to get in before the next Fed hike.

EDD July-August but who really knows with all these delays.

Last edited:
If you are in an area with their physical office, it might make sense to stop by.

On Sunday, I got the call that the car ready and needed to be picked on by Wednesday. I had 2 days to get the financing. I went to the office yesterday (Monday) at noon, and went back at noon today (Tuesday) to pick up the check. There were some documentations needed, but that was all day via email, including signing the loan docs. Happy with the whole transaction.

Reactions: theocguy
Checked their rates today and they've increased slightly (0.50%) as of July 6th...

36 months at 1.99%
48 months at 2.49%
66 months at 2.74%
72 months at 2.99%
84 months at 3.74%

Still very competitive rates compared to any other place I've looked at online.

Reactions: Hiline