Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call from Tesla for new 400 mile range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Tesla this morning asking if I would be interested in attending an event in Costa Mesa for showing off the upgrade for the new 400 mile range for the Model S......

Asked if this upgrade would be applied to my 17 Jan 2020 Model S.....after getting some information for someone else, she said no, I would have to pay for it but she did not know the cost....

also asked if my battery (100kW) was capped at 98%.....she said yes it was.....then asked why am I only getting 320 mile range when charged to 90% when it should be at 335 mile range.....she suggested to go to the service center and ask them....

oh well.....it is what it is....but I do love my car.....

she could not answer any questions about the new 2020.4.11 software release I got last night either.....(different department......suggested I call service center )
EDIT: 9 Mar 20.............with everything going on, I was able to check and found out that I do have “F” battery......but will have to wait and see it I can get upgrade in range......sounds like it is more than a software update and will require some sort of hardware update

EDIT: 9 Mar 20.............with everything going on, I was able to check and found out that I do have “F” battery......but will have to wait and see it I can get upgrade in range......sounds like it is more than a software update and will require some sort of hardware update

I also have a "F" battery but was told that my pack's config (89) was not upgradeable which is why I won't get LR+. I would say it's possible, but unlikely I'll ever see it.

what is configuration (89).......I don’t know what that is
First post but excited I've picked up my LR+ S, my question Frick is does your MVOA say Long Range or Long Range Plus? I picked mine up as a Long Range but was told the software would soon be changed for the range and to display Long Range Plus and my motor vehicle order agreement says LR+ on it. Here's a pic of my battery sticker if this helps at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 152
First post but excited I've picked up my LR+ S, my question Frick is does your MVOA say Long Range or Long Range Plus? I picked mine up as a Long Range but was told the software would soon be changed for the range and to display Long Range Plus and my motor vehicle order agreement says LR+ on it. Here's a pic of my battery sticker if this helps at all.
mine says they same thing almost.....(P) 1086755-00-F.......(S) T20A0364740

the “P” is the part number but what is the (S) number?

mine says they same thing almost.....(P) 1086755-00-F.......(S) T20A0364740

the “P” is the part number but what is the (S) number?
That is the serial number, from what I've understood and this is from a service tech...the LR+ update got delayed due to EPA issues but Tesla will send a new Moroney sticker to vehicles who get converted to LR+...he said 3-4 weeks is the timeline...so not sure what to believe at this point.

That is the serial number, from what I've understood and this is from a service tech...the LR+ update got delayed due to EPA issues but Tesla will send a new Moroney sticker to vehicles who get converted to LR+...he said 3-4 weeks is the timeline...so not sure what to believe at this point.
I have an “A” and you have a “B”. in the s/n.....do you think that is a designator for non-LR+ and LR+ vehicles or just a month code

.the LR+ update got delayed due to EPA issues but Tesla will send a new Moroney sticker to vehicles who get converted to LR+...he said 3-4 weeks is the timeline...so not sure what to believe at this point.

this is good info, looks like I have a slightly higher serial # than yours. My battery sticker attached. rolling product transitions are chaotic, and the tech’s supposition that it will all settle out in a few weeks kind of makes sense. But suppositions and outright false information is rampant on this forum, and I am tempted to take a little hiatus from the forum while this shakes out . If I get some credible info from my service visit Thursday I will update.
AB1C97AC-15C2-4859-9AB4-4C02148401E2.jpeg

I got the "pack config" from my advisor. Should be in a dashboard they have access to - not sure if there's any other way to tell. I'll grab my sticker later today for comparison, but I can tell you mine was built February 3rd and I do not have LR+ on my MVPA. I ordered January 26th and have seen a few dates printed on components in the car around late January.

I contacted customer service today and this is what I was told. Will try this..

Tesla Rep: Ok so I do see an update that went through yesterday for that. So to see the range increase what your going to want to do is exercise the cells in the battery, how you will do this is charge the car to 100% then use down to about 20%. Repeat this a few times and you should see that range increase.

Me: oh.....do you know how many times I need to do this?

Tesla Rep: So I would do it about three times and you should start to see that range increase.

Me: Ok thanks....will try that and contact you again if it does not increase

I contacted customer service today and this is what I was told. Will try this..

Tesla Rep: Ok so I do see an update that went through yesterday for that. So to see the range increase what your going to want to do is exercise the cells in the battery, how you will do this is charge the car to 100% then use down to about 20%. Repeat this a few times and you should see that range increase.

Me: oh.....do you know how many times I need to do this?

Tesla Rep: So I would do it about three times and you should start to see that range increase.

Me: Ok thanks....will try that and contact you again if it does not increase
Does your car say "Long Range Plus" after an update now? I'm less concerned about the name as long as I have most of the hardware that led to the efficiency gains of the LR+, but who knows what all that was or to what extent each thing matters. 17 miles of displayed difference is easily made up for with driving behavior, but of course I'd take it. I'm highly doubtful that without this firmware update (supposedly to the BMS) that the car will ever officially state it's LR+.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
Finally checked, my pack that supposedly couldn't be upgraded has the same part number as those previously listed with a serial of T20A0365379. I would suspect the T20A is January 2020, thus T20B is a February build, which would line up with the rest of the serials seen.

• Informative
Reactions: r1200gs4ok
Does your car say "Long Range Plus" after an update now? I'm less concerned about the name as long as I have most of the hardware that led to the efficiency gains of the LR+, but who knows what all that was or to what extent each thing matters. 17 miles of displayed difference is easily made up for with driving behavior, but of course I'd take it. I'm highly doubtful that without this firmware update (supposedly to the BMS) that the car will ever officially state it's LR+.

No it does not say Long Range Plus.....