Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call me "Old School"..... (Poll)

What you you think?

• Cool, not bad - given your intended use

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • I like it and want to get one myself. How much?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • That's horrific, I'd rather see paint chips than that abomination (or similar variant)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Interesting good or bad (please post comments)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other, please specifiy by commenting/posting

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone tried Tracwrap from Xpel?

XPEL | Paint Protection Film | TRACWRAP | DIY Temporary Abrasion Protection

Since this is designed to be temporary and easily removed, I'm wondering if it can be applied on top of ceramic coated paint. Anyone have any experience with it?

Not really a PPF thread... There are many many PPF threads in the TMC community that have answers to your questions. In short, I believe it is not recommended to install any PPF over ceramic coating. Take care. :)

Not really a PPF thread... There are many many PPF threads in the TMC community that have answers to your questions. In short, I believe it is not recommended to install any PPF over ceramic coating. Take care. :)

I thought the OP was looking for a temporary protection option and that is why he was going for a traditional bra. I thought this Tracwrap, which is a temporary PPF and can be removed quickly and easily, would be an alternative to the bra.

I thought the OP was looking for a temporary protection option and that is why he was going for a traditional bra. I thought this Tracwrap, which is a temporary PPF and can be removed quickly and easily, would be an alternative to the bra.

I am the OP and already purchased the CoverCraft Bra, as noted in post #1. I wasn't aware of a temporary PPF, or if it's easy to install or remove. Not sure about cost either. For $268, and a very easy on/off, I thought this CoverCraft bra was the way to go - provided more frontal protection than PPF as well (larger rocks flying off of uncovered semis on the highway, etc.).

Thanks for the suggestion as I will look into it for another car I have on order (not M3). :)