TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Camber Kit

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cack, Mar 27, 2018.

1. cack

cack Member

Any info on good camber kits for the MS? I have a Sig 85 from CPO acquired Feb 2018 and have only put 1K miles on it. I can see with the naked eye that the rear will wear on the insides especially the rears. Are there built in adjustments? Do I need to install something a camber kit? Does the front need it too? Looking for the best option. Does it wear more on the low or standard suspension height setting?

I see someone has a prototype on one of the threads.

This could save our tires! I have 21s on now w Continentals but will put on 19s Slipstreams I have in the garage w Goodyears when these wear out.

2. whitex

whitex Well-Known Member

AFAIK alignment is ~$150 at Tesla SC, just fyi, depending on how much your time is worth to you.

3. jplasmd

jplasmd Member

There is camber adjustment on the front, but not on the rear (generally speaking: I believe that some early S's did have an eccentric type adjustment on the rear upper control arms).

Camber (and inner tire wear) increases as the car is lowered. Not much of an issue with 19" wheels, but can be problematic with 21" wheels.

I don't know how to reference by post number, but look at "Vendor - Rear Adjustable Camber Bushing for Model S/X Group Buy", from March 14, 2018 in the "Model S: Driving Dynamics" section close to the top of this forum's home page. I just purchased a pair of these today. Coming back from 100,000 mile maintenance servicing (including realignment) last week, the rear camber on my 2014 P85 was -2.04 and -1.84 degrees.

4. EVTuning

EVTuning Vendor