Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Tesla Model 3 owner…LOVE MY TESLA!!! I keep getting a caution message..”right pillar camera blocked or blinded…”. This is usually at night. Is there a fix for this issue? RangerBill

Attachments

• 60A39FA6-ACF7-4D40-BD0D-CBDAAA6AB7F4.jpeg
    60A39FA6-ACF7-4D40-BD0D-CBDAAA6AB7F4.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 141
Solution
The cars are shipped with clear protective film over the cameras, just like on the touchscreen. If one of these films was not removed then it can cause the nighttime error you are seeing. Others have had the same problem and removing the film fixes the issue. I'm not certain this is the cause but it's an easy fix and worth a shot.
The cars are shipped with clear protective film over the cameras, just like on the touchscreen. If one of these films was not removed then it can cause the nighttime error you are seeing. Others have had the same problem and removing the film fixes the issue. I'm not certain this is the cause but it's an easy fix and worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Solution
I get the same message about either B pillar camera from time to time, but only at night or on bright sunny days when the sun is low on the horizon and shining right on the camera, or on bright sunny winter days when there is snow on the ground. Darkness fools the camera/computer into thinking it has been blinded. This usually happens only on rural roads and highways where there are no lights or oncoming traffic. Daytime blindness is caused by lens flare in the camera. It's like pointing your camera or smart phone camera to close to where the sun is. It's just sensory overload. In each case, the warning will go away when the camera/computer can finally register an image. This, among many reason is why I distrust FSD..

Reactions: Aellinsar
Upvote 0
New Tesla Model 3 owner…LOVE MY TESLA!!! I keep getting a caution message..”right pillar camera blocked or blinded…”. This is usually at night. Is there a fix for this issue? RangerBill
Is it temporary? If so it could be morning dew on the pillar which will go away. This time of year at this latitude, depending which direction I am headed and the time of day the low sun will also temporarily blind it

If it is on all of the time that is a different matter.

Upvote 0