Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side camera backup camera settings question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Question regarding the backup cameras.

For a long while when placing the car in reverse I would get 3 videos feeds, one from the main camera and 2 from each of the blind spot/rear side facing cameras. Since a couple of updates ago, I am now back to just getting the rear camera. Is there a setting to return the side camera views? They do a great job of helping to keep an eye out for pets/kids in the neighborhood.

Thanks!

Hi all. Question regarding the backup cameras.

For a long while when placing the car in reverse I would get 3 videos feeds, one from the main camera and 2 from each of the blind spot/rear side facing cameras. Since a couple of updates ago, I am now back to just getting the rear camera. Is there a setting to return the side camera views? They do a great job of helping to keep an eye out for pets/kids in the neighborhood.

Thanks!

There should be a little arrow at the bottom of the screen that you can swipe up on to bring those cameras back up.

Yup, but that's not automatic when putting the car into reverse. The OP said this was automated before. I've never seen it automated.

I dont use that view myself much so I dont know, but a lot of Tesla stuff "sticks how you set it". If you swipe up and have those cameras viewable when you back up, does it not stay that way the next time? I dont know, and I dont particularly like that view except for very specific circumstances so I dont intend to test it, but thats what I would try.