Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Campsite charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off to a campsite in France next week that has a 6A (I think supply). We have a 16A commando - 3 pin plug lead. Can I simply plug in the Tesla 3 pin charger lead into this and charge the car? I think I need to dial down the amps in the car - will this be to 16A or 6A? thanks

Off to a campsite in France next week that has a 6A (I think supply). We have a 16A commando - 3 pin plug lead. Can I simply plug in the Tesla 3 pin charger lead into this and charge the car? I think I need to dial down the amps in the car - will this be to 16A or 6A? thanks
The car should match or be lower than the supply so 5a or 6a. Higher could blow the fuse/trip the RCD

Best to get the right dongle for the mobile connector directly, as that will also tell it an amp limit - e.g. the UK 3-pin dongle will limit it to 10 amps irrespective of what you then plug the 3-pin plug into.

Do you know which flavour of commando the camp site has - commando covers a very big list of similar connectors, a subset of which Tesla has dongles for. If you didn't get a 16A blue commando in the mobile connector bag, then you can get a 16a or 32a one in the shop Blue Adapter - 16A/32A