Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I buy a model 3 in Dubai and then export it to Korea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello. I live in Dubai and am hesitating to purchase a Model 3. First of all, I am Korean. I'm planning to go back to Korea next year, and after purchasing a Model 3 in Dubai, I'm thinking about taking the Model 3 with me when I return to Korea, but I have a problem. It's a concern about charging. I am wondering if charging is impossible because the UAE specifications and Korean export specifications are different. Is there anyone who knows exactly about this? I'm curious about other models, not just the Model 3.

hello. I live in Dubai and am hesitating to purchase a Model 3. First of all, I am Korean. I'm planning to go back to Korea next year, and after purchasing a Model 3 in Dubai, I'm thinking about taking the Model 3 with me when I return to Korea, but I have a problem. It's a concern about charging. I am wondering if charging is impossible because the UAE specifications and Korean export specifications are different. Is there anyone who knows exactly about this? I'm curious about other models, not just the Model 3.

You should keep hesitating, and not buy until you get back to Korea.

If you want better advice, I'd try the regional forum for Korea. You are more likely to find people who actually have experience with doing this.
This is my first time here, so I'm sorry I can't answer each and every question. And I want to say thank you to everyone. Your opinions helped me a lot in my decision.

Thank you again.