Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I charge before my iPhone is registered (48 hour) after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O’K, I picked up my Y at Balitmore and left with only a temporary Maryland tag (I live in PA), and a registration in the glove compartment and was sent on my way. Yes, they said, this is normal.

I could not hook up my iPhone, “you will be able in 48hours”. “You’ll get your sales copy in the mail.”

My question to you, “Can I charge at a SuperCharger before all the electronic iPhone app goes through?

I do like the Y.

Jim

I think to be able to use a Tesla Supercharger, you only need to have a payment associated with your Tesla.com account.

The only time I need a phone is to activate an L2 charger, like ChargePoint, because in general in US those chargers don't have a Credit card reader.

However some free chargers, like Volta, don't need any activation and work like your home charger.

I think to be able to use a Tesla Supercharger, you only need to have a payment associated with your Tesla.com account.

The only time I need a phone is to activate an L2 charger, like ChargePoint, because in general in US those chargers don't have a Credit card reader.

However some free chargers, like Volta, don't need any activation and work like your home charger.
Thanks. However, I don’t have a credit card yet on my Tesla account…….