Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I extend my current lease even after agreeing to lease a new Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I'm new to this forum. I originally leased a Tesla Model 3 Performance in June 2021. A month ago I wanted to lease the new 2024 option as my lease is ending. I ordered my configuration and went in the Tesla app to say that I wanted to return my existing leased vehicle when I took delivery of my new Tesla. I have since changed my mind and would like extend my existing lease. Can I do that? I've reached out to Tesla Finance via phone (it just told me to leave a voicemail and then wouldn't allow me to leave a message) via email (which wasn't responded to) and by Chat (which the person who chatted with me said they would have the leasing department contact me...and that I should email them as well which I had done already). I'm thinking the first thing I would need to do is cancel my order for my new Tesla (the expected delivery is sometime in June so it's not too late), but then how do I request to extend my lease so I don't end up needing to return my existing car? Thanks for any assistance!

Actually, I was able to go in and extend the lease using the instructions! I had been going into a different area where it only showed me the steps to return my car. Thank you for encouraging me to look at it again! I may keep my existing order for the 2024 Tesla open because they keep moving the date back. Maybe it will be ready when my extended lease ends ;-).

Upvote 0
Actually, I was able to go in and extend the lease using the instructions! I had been going into a different area where it only showed me the steps to return my car. Thank you for encouraging me to look at it again! I may keep my existing order for the 2024 Tesla open because they keep moving the date back. Maybe it will be ready when my extended lease ends ;-).
Great! Glad it worked out.

Reactions: LobsterLover
Upvote 0