Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I keep my 21" wheels when trading in my Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to trade in my Plaid to Tesla and they originally came with 21" wheels. I was wondering if I can keep them and give them the 19" wheels? When I submitted my pictures for the trade in the Plaid had 19" wheels on them. Was Tesla giving me an offer with 21" wheels in mind since they know this Plaid was delivered with 21" wheels? I had someone on this forum tell me I need to give the 21" wheels back otherwise I'll be charged but everyone on Facebook say to keep them. I don't really want to gamble and lose out on $4,500.

What are you legally required to do? What was your agreement? Did you agree to Tesla to trade in the car they sold to you? If you are relying on a photo you submitted to substantiate the car now has different wheels and tires on it, I say you are on shaky ground and dealing without showing your hand. Are you trying to pull a fast one over on Tesla? At some point, they will see and go over the car, and this will be before your trade-in is finalized. I feel sure they will notice the wheels and tires. The deal will then become more complex and it may (probably) will fall through, or they will revalue your trade. Your trade-in agreement with Tesla includes the following:
"4. Condition and delivery of Trade-in Vehicle
e. Unless otherwise agreed in writing upon appraisal of the Trade-in Vehicle, the Seller agrees to deliver the Trade-in Vehicle to Tesla with all standard accessories including but not limited to:​
i. floor mats,​
ii. charging connectors and adapters,​
iii. parcel shelves,​
iv. storage nets,​
v. two sets of keys,​
vi. original wheels on summer tires, and​
vii. original wheels on winter tires (only applicable to Norway, Finland and Sweden)."​

I think you are setting yourself up for failure and problems for no reason. Do the right thing.