Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunky noise after carbon ceramic brake installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,

I had Tesla SC install the carbon ceramic brake kit last week for my 2023 Model S Plaid. However, since the installation, I noticed this clunky noise from the wheel/suspension area when the car goes over a rather large drop on a bumpy road. It almost sounds like something is loose. I did not notice this prior to the installation. The car is otherwise stock with 21 arachnid wheels.

Has anyone else installed the track pack or CCB noticed something similar? Would really appreciate some input. Thanks.

Have not noticed noise when going reverse, but it comes up repeatedly over some bigger drops on the uneven city roads. Otherwise, the car drives great.

I wonder if it's because SC tuned the hardware. I am going to install some N2itive parts this week and will ask the technician to take a look.

Hi ChungusKhan, same here after my installation of the Track Pack CCB's.
My SC investigated the issue a couple of weeks ago,
Clearly the pads which are loose inside the calipers and causing this rather hard and annoying rattle.

Last week my car was asked again at the Antwerp SC, apparently some engineers from Tesla and UK's AP Racing have been investigating a solution.
A fix would be offered by AP Racing towards Tesla and so to us within a short timeframe.

By now Tesla's SC's should have received a bulletin about the noise.

Cheers,

Mans.

Have not noticed noise when going reverse, but it comes up repeatedly over some bigger drops on the uneven city roads. Otherwise, the car drives great.

I wonder if it's because SC tuned the hardware. I am going to install some N2itive parts this week and will ask the technician to take a look.
i would delay installing the links until you have this resolved. Wouldn’t want Tesla saying it was caused by the links, or recalibrating ride height with them on, negating the drop. Any update?

Hi ChungusKhan,
Best wishes onto the New Year !
Fyi, I've requested an status update onto the Track Pack (AP) brakepads to my SC just before X-mass.
Once I'll receive some update I'll keep you all posted.
Guessing it can take some time, especially these days.

Hi ChungusKhan,
Just a short feedback from my side, Tesla Service has my car in for what they call installation of the CCB "anti-rattle kit".
Car should be fixed and back available to me by end of the day.
From I'm able to get as information, it seems like they're adding shims.
Cheers !

Hi GonePlaid,
Yes they did :)
My car was used as testcase and after the last service the brake(-pad)s are dead-silence now :)
They inserted some prototype shims and works perfectly.
After 10 days of driving on several types of roads I did confirmed my SC about the positive fix.
My SC responded shortly after, they will start "mass" production of the "CCB anti-rattle kit" accordingly.

Not sure from which date on these anti-rattle kits will be included when getting CCB's installed.
Will be a matter of time, my guess.

It took Tesla and AP Racing some time to identify and to provide a solution, but finally the kit is designed and they're working :)

Cheers !

Hi GonePlaid,
Yes they did :)
My car was used as testcase and after the last service the brake(-pad)s are dead-silence now :)
They inserted some prototype shims and works perfectly.
After 10 days of driving on several types of roads I did confirmed my SC about the positive fix.
My SC responded shortly after, they will start "mass" production of the "CCB anti-rattle kit" accordingly.

Not sure from which date on these anti-rattle kits will be included when getting CCB's installed.
Will be a matter of time, my guess.

It took Tesla and AP Racing some time to identify and to provide a solution, but finally the kit is designed and they're working :)

Cheers !
Great news.

Cheers!