Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can the Model Y LONG RANGE fit 21" wheels in the Front and Back? If so, what are the tire options with rubbing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the discussion regarding Biggest tires on a MY Performance. But for those of us who opted for the Long Range and want 21", is that possible? If so, will they fit the front and rear? Also, anyone know the diameter measurements? Thank you.

I see the discussion regarding Biggest tires on a MY Performance. But for those of us who opted for the Long Range and want 21", is that possible? If so, will they fit the front and rear? Also, anyone know the diameter measurements? Thank you.
Yes the 21" Uberturbine wheels from the Performance Model Y will fit the Long Range Model Y with no fitment issues. That is where most of the 21" Uberturbine take off wheels end up.

Yes the 21" Uberturbine wheels from the Performance Model Y will fit the Long Range Model Y with no fitment issues. That is where most of the 21" Uberturbine take off wheels end up.
I actually did this too... However, it is now time to order new tires, and wanted to order tires that are not too stretched out like the stock, and more squared like what I am seeing with some of the MYP upgrades. Hope I could get some info if this is actually possible.

I actually did this too... However, it is now time to order new tires, and wanted to order tires that are not too stretched out like the stock, and more squared like what I am seeing with some of the MYP upgrades. Hope I could get some info if this is actually possible.
You could switch to 275/35-21 for the front tires and 295/35-21 for the rear tires. You could also go with 275/35-21 on all four wheels. Keep the 10.5 inch wide 21" rear wheels as the 9.5 inch wide 21" front wheels don't have the required weight rating to be used on the rear.

Reactions: markmdr
You could switch to 275/35-21 for the front tires and 295/35-21 for the rear tires. You could also go with 275/35-21 on all four wheels. Keep the 10.5 inch wide 21" rear wheels as the 9.5 inch wide 21" front wheels don't have the required weight rating to be used on the rear.
Thank you so so much!! Yes, initially that is what I wanted and was planning to do... However, it is very difficult to find All Season 275/35/21 tires nowadays, so I tried to put 265/40/21 yesterday, and upon checking it was rubbing. I read in other forums that a lot of MYP owners have had success with this size, but it seems it is not true for MYLR... is this true, or possible?