Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAN to OBD2 adapter for SMT issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I built a CAN to OBD2 adapter a couple years ago to use SMT and I've had to rebuild it a few times now and just fixed it again, this time I'd hoped it was the final fix.

The problem is the wires are so damn small it doesn't take much force to break them off. I try to only pull from the plastic connector and not the wires but inevitably the wires get a bit of strain anyway.

Anyway since there was 2 wires broken off when I started I thought I put them back in the right spot but since the damn app is giving me errors I guess not but it sure seems like they were right. But pulling it apart is an annoying PITA so I want to see I do have it wrong before I try and diagnose other potential issues.

Can someone post the pin-out for the adapter because I can't find the thread that had that listed and everything seems to direct to a buy some prebuilt one for 3x the price it was to make mine from mouser. Meaning for example pin 3 on the car side goes to pin 10 on the OBD2 side.

PXL_20220427_021046786.jpg
Screenshot_20220426-200423~2.png