Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you take a bank check to Tesla on delivery day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I got approval through NFCU and they sent a check in the mail to take to the dealer. The app makes it seem Tesla wants to be paid before hand prior to delivery... Is it still ok to take the bank check to Tesla and have them follow the instructions on the NFCU paperwork to get paid, or has anyone had success with NFCU doing electronic transaction beforehand? I apologize if this has been asked before.

Hey. Had a recent discussion about this here. Hope it helps:

Hi. I got approval through NFCU and they sent a check in the mail to take to the dealer. The app makes it seem Tesla wants to be paid before hand prior to delivery... Is it still ok to take the bank check to Tesla and have them follow the instructions on the NFCU paperwork to get paid, or has anyone had success with NFCU doing electronic transaction beforehand? I apologize if this has been asked before.

I dont know if atlanta is one of the places that doesnt allow direct sales by tesla.

If it ISNT, then that NFCU check should be fine (I also bank with NFCU and paid with about a 50% down payment, and the balance being a loan from NFCU).

If tesla can sell cars in your state, then it should be fine.

Reactions: Newto3
As with others, mine was payable to Tesla, Inc and had my name and RN on the check memo.

If you're unfortunately in a state where the Auto Dealer Mafia has blocked Tesla from being able to sell (MI and TX are two of them), you have no choice but to pre-pay. Or move.

Reactions: tm1v2