Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well of course after 3 weeks stable with delivery dates 2-21 Sept I received an update: 9-29 Oct. I was kind of expecting that to be honest. Doesn't seem like the Canadian market is on the list of priorities for the new models.
I am in a similar situation. Had 4-24 Sept (+/- 2 days) for the last 3 weeks, it moved this morning to 11-31 Oct for delivery in Montréal.
RN1146 LR Blue/Black 19 FSD

Reactions: Frank26 and AMGF
I’m still at oct 6-26 as of this morning. Lately it seems like changes to my EDD happen beginning of the week around 9:30am. So maybe I’ll stay with this EDD for another week.
Plaid white/black 19s.

I’m still at oct 6-26 as of this morning. Lately it seems like changes to my EDD happen beginning of the week around 9:30am. So maybe I’ll stay with this EDD for another week.
Plaid white/black 19s.
Delivery in MTL?
Seems Canadian deliveries are now slated for Oct (Earliest). I believe the closer we get to the end of the quarter the less chances we have of having deliveries up north. If this would be the case I think Tesla would have another major customer fail by completely ignoring the Canadian market in 2021.

Reactions: MikeJ and RAM_Eh
I will add to the complaints !

Was Sept 2-19 this morning and now October 4-24. I am on the verge of cancelling my order! I will not pay the extra Trudeau tax! (Prime Minister Elmo)!

BTW it takes a lot to piss me off. I was a early adopter back in 2013. My S was in the repair shop 20 times in the first two years... I considered it part of new tech learning curve. This is incompetence at the way I see it.

I am willing to put out over $ 150K for a luxury vehicle, only thing I ask is we get the truth.

Delivery in MTL?
Seems Canadian deliveries are now slated for Oct (Earliest). I believe the closer we get to the end of the quarter the less chances we have of having deliveries up north. If this would be the case I think Tesla would have another major customer fail by completely ignoring the Canadian market in 2021.
Delivery in Quebec City.
As I said, for me it has to be delivered before Nov 1st. After that I will simply delay delivery to spring. If by then the new tax is in, I will cancel the Plaid for sure. I "might" buy a LR come Springtime as it is quite good in its own right and because the luxury tax will "only" add 3k$, though I'm looking for alternatives.
One being I keep my Model3 and simply buy a Lotus Emira or a GT4 for summer fun.
If the new tax doesn't pass, then maybe just stick to the original plan (Plaid) but take possession next April/May.

Reactions: RAM_Eh and Frank26
Delivery in MTL?
Delivery in Vancouver...mine still says Sept. 25-Sept.30. RN114414 MS LR

Should bring back free supercharging for model S and X as compensation for this ridiculous wait
Oh please, Tesla delayed my M3P delivery an additional 4 months after already waiting 3 months, I had already sold my previous car and I missed out on the free year of supercharging promotion because of it. All I got was a lousy $100 gift card to the Tesla shop and my SA had to fight for it. They won't be doing jack *sugar* for you.

Reactions: AMGF
I’m test driving a Taycan Turbo tomorrow. If I like it I’ll cancel my Model S orders this week and buy one from their inventory. This is a sh*t show and I’ll circle back around when Tesla fixes their integrity issue.
It’ll be a while before Tesla sorts its mess out. 3 years ago I received my Model3 AWD 3 years after ordering it on launch day. They’re as bad as they ever were. I don’t see this changing in the near future.

More likely that other brands will catch up technology wise than Tesla gets one modicum of respect for its customers. Imho.

It’ll be a while before Tesla sorts its mess out. 3 years ago I received my Model3 AWD 3 years after ordering it on launch day. They’re as bad as they ever were. I don’t see this changing in the near future.

More likely that other brands will catch up technology wise than Tesla gets one modicum of respect for its customers. Imho.
I think having these two new factories (Brandenburg and Austin) will be huge in terms of supply and quality issues. Right now all cars in NA are coming from Freemont (which is an old GM plant).

@Jons1234
@AMGF

While these delays are extremely stressful, and have issues with service and intermittent quality have been present for too long, the situation reminds me of similar ones on the investment thread. Many investors got fed up with Tesla quality / service issues, cashed out of the shares and didn't pursue planned purchases. In hindsight, many of them with they had stayed in and "put up" with the numerous frustrations with the company.

Extra food for thought before leaving Tesla ($TSLA or Plaid)