Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m scheduled to pick up mine on June 14th at Lawrence location. I’m curious about others experience at pickup. How much time do I have.
Picking mine up this Thursday June 9 at the same location; email I received today says plan on spending 30 minutes there. And you will be inspecting your vehicle outdoors rain or shine. No tesla reps will be in the car with you due to covid. So have your checklist with you and be quick about it lol. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reactions: koorosh
Picking mine up this Thursday June 9 at the same location; email I received today says plan on spending 30 minutes there. And you will be inspecting your vehicle outdoors rain or shine. No tesla reps will be in the car with you due to covid. So have your checklist with you and be quick about it lol. I'll let you know how it goes.
When I spoke to SA he mentioned it would be inside. Anxious to hear how yours goes.

Delivery got delayed until tomorrow morning - hopefully because they're backed up delivering other cars rather than being issues with my car - we'll see 🤞
Just an FYI for everyone waiting. I had a Black Plaid Model S on order that was estimated to arrive in July-August. I saw a few that matched my spec apart from colour that popped up in the existing inventory so I called.

They found a brand new Model S MSM, White interior that was just being delivered to Woodbridge and matched me. I asked them to double check it had the swivel screen before I moved forward but it was a 479 vin so I was pretty confident.

I’m picking up on Saturday at 10am. Just an fyi to check the inventory!

Just an FYI for everyone waiting. I had a Black Plaid Model S on order that was estimated to arrive in July-August. I saw a few that matched my spec apart from colour that popped up in the existing inventory so I called.

They found a brand new Model S MSM, White interior that was just being delivered to Woodbridge and matched me. I asked them to double check it had the swivel screen before I moved forward but it was a 479 vin so I was pretty confident.

I’m picking up on Saturday at 10am. Just an fyi to check the inventory!
Sooooo how did it go ??

Cross posted on the Model S Delivery Update thread.

OK, I picked up my MS this morning at Toronto Lawrence. Overall pretty happy with how it went. Highlights are as follows:

1. I was there for almost 2.5 hours doing the paperwork, inspecting the car, getting my phone, keys and fobs setup etc.. I think they were wondering when the hell I was going to leave lol
  2. I used the checklist provided on another thread - whoever came up with this, thank you!
  3. My SA (Josh) was amazing. Spent well over an hour going through the car with me, answering all of my questions etc. - very lucky not having to just rely on the videos on my ap.
  4. I brought my own knee pads to check the bottom of the car lol. Including the front bumper that was scratched and repaired. I looked like a bit of an idiot sliding along the sides of the car in the showroom looking for issues. But so be it.
  5. My SA helped me set up a service appointment on my ap for the issues found. It's scheduled to go in on Wednesday morning. Hopefully it shouldn't take that long to fix the issues I found. And on the ones I found that were marginal, he agreed with me and helped me take the pictures to attach to the appointment.
So I found the following:
  1. No privacy cover for the back trunk - the SA said they were out of stock; he then went to the back and found one!
  2. No floor mats - they WERE out of stock - but I already have my 3D MaxPider mats (ordered from Amazon last week) that I installed when I get home so I wasn't too worried about it. I will drop by and pick them up at some point.
  3. Small misalignments on the passenger side of the car - frunk and headlight, front and rear doors and tail lights with trunk. Nothing that bad but noticeable when you spend some time looking over the car. The SA's view was that Service should be able to fix them all. He also said this was one of the better MS's he's seen in a while (same thing the Service Manager said).
I also noticed a small wrinkle in the driver seat when I got home - not sure what service can do about that but I'll mention it to them when I drop the car off on Wednesday.

Again, very impressed with the customer service exhibited by the SA today - reminds me of when I picked up my 2016 MS. If only everyone else who works there was like that, the Company would be in much better shape.

Initial thoughts on the drive:

1. I love it;
  2. Yoke will take a little getting used to but I can tell I'm going to love it too. I love the fact that my screen view is unimpeded by a wheel.
  3. The trip to the dealership from home is only 4 miles so I haven't driven it much but the pickup is crazy good. I can tell it's a lot faster than my 2016. I will take it out tomorrow morning on the highway and give it a real whirl ;)
  4. It would be nice to have the tilt screen but super happy I have the car now rather than August which would have been the earliest I probably would have gotten it had I waited. I plan on doing a lot of driving the next couple of months so it's nice to have an amazing new car to do it in when the weather is nice :)
The next step is to sell my old 2016 MS - I have it posted in the For Sale forum if anyone is interested.

Sooooo how did it go ??
Sorry, should have followed up! Picked up my car at Woodbridge location Saturday.

I was there a total of 15 minutes and I was genuinely surprised that there was nothing at all to complain about (based on other peoples accounts).

This is a 479 VIN so maybe they have their sh!t sorted out after the line restart?

The car is perfect for what I need and I’m super happy that I didn’t go with the Lucid Air GT-P in the end.

Edit: the car was missing the cover for the sub trunk cover but I assume they will just send one when they have stock.

5AC09511-C058-4CF6-A5A8-4526D40360B3.jpeg

Attachments

• 8DE98B6B-DE03-4142-BE56-F9537F499C72.jpeg
    8DE98B6B-DE03-4142-BE56-F9537F499C72.jpeg
    737.5 KB · Views: 64
Sorry, should have followed up! Picked up my car at Woodbridge location Saturday.

I was there a total of 15 minutes and I was genuinely surprised that there was nothing at all to complain about (based on other peoples accounts).

This is a 479 VIN so maybe they have their sh!t sorted out after the line restart?

The car is perfect for what I need and I’m super happy that I didn’t go with the Lucid Air GT-P in the end.

Edit: the car was missing the cover for the sub trunk cover but I assume they will just send one when they have stock.

View attachment 815936
My non-plaid MSM was parked right beside you. They handed your card to me by mistake first lol. I told them then thank you but I did not pay for plaid. :)

Mine is also missing trunk cover. It also has some rubber peeling off and a few panel misalignments which I reported in app. Not sure when they get back to me.

Apart from that, amazing car, not sure because it is my first ev or not, but that brake regen and 1-pedal driving not only works like a charm in City, but has always provided me enough braking force even for emergency braking.

Last edited:
My non-plaid MSM was parked right beside you. They handed your card to me by mistake first lol. I told them then thank you but I did not pay for plaid. :)

Mine is also missing trunk cover. It also has some rubber peeling off and a few panel misalignments which I reported in app. Not sure when they get back to me.

Apart from that, amazing car, not sure because it is my first ev or not, but that brake regen and 1-pedal driving not only works like a charm in City, but has always provided me enough braking force even for emergency braking.
Yeah, they've been perfecting the 1-peddle response over the last couple of years. When I got my 2018 Model 3 Performance (made in a tent special) it wasn't this good... it got progressively better and just makes it so easy to drive. (Don't forget to get your brakes serviced though!)

View attachment 815936
Figure I should update this, the detailer found a significant scratch on the black trim on the trunk. I picked up on Saturday and I figured it may be too late to address but after opening a ticket on the app service told me they would order the part without questioning. Certainly improved service than some are reporting -- I'm happy... particularly as this is an easy fix and the detailer found nothing else!

1655428185834.png

For those of you who have had recent deliveries, have you been contacted by an SA in advance? If not, do you call up the delivery location to ask questions? How have people been paying the Amount Due prior to signing or are you bringing in Certified Cheques?
Yes, you'll get a text, email or phone call from an SA within a couple of days of your DD. They'll tell you what to bring with you. Certified cheque or bank draft are the only two forms of payment they accept unless you wired them the funds already via the online ap.

Meant to post earlier. Picked up my MSLR last Monday at 10:30. I took about an hour to look it over. It was clean, fully charged, they took their time to go over everything and pair it to my phone. I've put almost 1000 Km's on it in a week. The speed is nuts. I did notice a few things. Seal around indoor of passenger side was not fully attached. Floor mats missing. They said they would contact me when they came in. No mud flaps included. The trim along the window on passenger side popped out on day two. Called for service. Scheduled for mobile service Thursday. The trunk is askew. Wider gap on Left side, and left tail light does not align. Hense right side of trunk is not flush. So glad I got white interior. Software updated today. Sporty ride vs. my 2020 Volvo S90.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine