Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car detailing at Tesla Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their car detailed at a Tesla Service Center?

When we picked up our used M3 recently, our Delivery Experience agent said he would put in a request for a Complementary detail.

Soonest appointment is 2 weeks out and I have scheduled it. However, just wanted to see if anyone else had their car detailed by Tesla and their experience?

I see you're in NJ. Is that Paramus or Springfield?

When I picked up my Model 3 in Paramus in April, they detailed it for me beforehand, and it looked FANTASTIC. Nothing but happiness from me.

IMG_2324.jpg

Reactions: madhat7998
I see you're in NJ. Is that Paramus or Springfield?

When I picked up my Model 3 in Paramus in April, they detailed it for me beforehand, and it looked FANTASTIC. Nothing but happiness from me.

View attachment 447530

Looks great! We picked up our M3 at the Paramus Service Center but scheduled the detail for the Cherry Hill location as that is closer to us. Was your car NEW or Used when you bought it?

Ours was Used, a 2018, and they washed/vacuumed but not a detail.

If you guys are in the Paramus area, check out APC in Waldwick. It's a detail shop and a car wash that does excellent and works with not only Tesla's, but other high-end cars. I got my Xpel PPF and Ceramic wrap from them for both of my Teslas. The car wash is one of the best ones around. This is not a paid advertising, but if you go, tell Anthony (owner) that Glenn sent you. LOL

i specifically asked springfield to leave my car untouched and they detailed it anyway. i detail myself and did a 1 stage paint correction and protected my car with ceramic days after getting it. most of my time was spent getting all the wax build up they shoved into the seams out!!! i've heard from multiple people that paramus > springfield in all aspects

anyway, if you need a detail in the central NJ (08876) area, PM me and we can work something out

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
i specifically asked springfield to leave my car untouched and they detailed it anyway. i detail myself and did a 1 stage paint correction and protected my car with ceramic days after getting it. most of my time was spent getting all the wax build up they shoved into the seams out!!! i've heard from multiple people that paramus > springfield in all aspects

anyway, if you need a detail in the central NJ (08876) area, PM me and we can work something out

Any good recommendations for South Jersey area? I’m closer to Atlantic City

Looks great! We picked up our M3 at the Paramus Service Center but scheduled the detail for the Cherry Hill location as that is closer to us. Was your car NEW or Used when you bought it?

Ours was Used, a 2018, and they washed/vacuumed but not a detail.

Thanks! It was brand new - 3 miles on the odometer - when I got it. Fully detailed, fully charged, I mean, just an absolutely perfect delivery. The delivery rep (Chris) spent an hour going over the car with my wife - showing her the ins and outs and getting her comfortable with it... Many, many kudos to Chris - without him taking that kind of time, I think she would've been completely intimidated to drive the Model 3. It's still my car, but at least I know she can drive it comfortably when the need arises ...

i've heard from multiple people that paramus > springfield in all aspects

Heh - I probably count as the "multiple" people ... hahah. Beautiful Model 3 - feel as though I've seen it up close or something before... LOL

(BTW the trunk mat is AWESOME! ;-)

Reactions: Burrito
Took delivery Oct '18. I too asked the SC not to detail my car prior to delivery, since it was going directly across the street for paint correction/PPF/ceramic. They did it anyway, no record of me requesting not to.

I had to reschedule my PPF appt. about 6+ weeks out because my car was riddled with paint defects. But in the process of 'detailing' they also severely marred the paint. No biggie since it had to go to the paint shop anyway, but man they were pretty careless. Also 3 deep scratches on interior plastic trim (replaced w/due bill of course).

Maybe some SCs are better than others, but Bellevue, WA is highly regarded and they literally made it worse. My advice is take it elsewhere... especially if having a wrap or ceramic installed.