Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car is off line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2018 Model X . Had no problem so far. Kept it for charging last night. This morning key fob and control on App was not connecting to the vehicle. Called Tesla and they said your car is off line. They asked me to get it towed to service center.
Anyone had this experience or any suggestions?

This has happened to me twice and it was the 12v battery that died. Frustrating that there was no warning beforehand. And Tesla was no help. They said it was a software issue that I’ve had to replace my battery twice in my 2019 car. Sad that this is the Achilles heel in a high tech car.

Each time, it required a wrecker to drag it out of my narrow garage and take it to the service station. 😡

Upvote 0
This has happened to me twice and it was the 12v battery that died. Frustrating that there was no warning beforehand. And Tesla was no help. They said it was a software issue that I’ve had to replace my battery twice in my 2019 car. Sad that this is the Achilles heel in a high tech car.

Each time, it required a wrecker to drag it out of my narrow garage and take it to the service station. 😡
Thank you. Yes, did a trouble shooting.12 V battery died. No notification received, while all unnecessary notifications keep appearing in screen.
Have to get it towed to service station since their mobile service is not available for next 10 days. Lost a day of work.

Upvote 0