Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car sometimes takes a while before I’m able to put it in drive and get moving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL yet another thread about my new purchase of a 2017 75D😁 I'm really enjoying the car so far, but once in a while, when I get in the car to drive away, the screen on the dash stays black for 20 seconds or so and won’t let me put the car in gear until the screen comes on. Normal?

Right on! It sounds like you spent two seconds when “researching “ buying a Tesla. Best of luck to you. Hope the internet works

Pull the trigger ask questions later? My kind of dude 😂
Haha, sort of😁 I had a Polestar 2 for a while, so not totally unfamiliar with EVs, but I am coming up with a lot of Tesla-specific questions😁

Oh and my MCU is the Tegra system

Also check to see if the Always Connected is checked and the Energy Savings is on. That will cause it to reboot every time you get in
I just checked this in the car. Took me a minute to find it but yes both of those things were on, so I shut them off just now. We will see if that fixes it, thank you!

It’s your MCU and EMMC card. Based on your description, you have MCU1 and likely an original emmc card. Go to Tesla and get the MCU2 upgrade for around 2k, the interface will feel like a new modern Tesla

Reactions: MYP24