Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpool stickers good for free meter parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RachH

"Christine" Model 3 Blk Obsidian, LR, AWD
Jun 28, 2018
Denton, TX
Hello all!

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find it in all of the threads.

I recently got a 3 and was at the carwash talking to another 3 owner. He told me the carpool stickers were not only good for carpool lanes but also good for free meter parking in Santa Monica/Los Angeles.

Is this true? Is this good for all meters everywhere or just LA?

Thank you in advance!

Sounds like a mean practical joke...did he say handicap spots were ok too? :)

He got me really excited. He said his parents live in Santa Monica and they allow free parking at the meters for EVs. That would be worth getting an EV with just that. Parking in Santa Monica and Venice is a nightmare.

Hello all!

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find it in all of the threads.

I recently got a 3 and was at the carwash talking to another 3 owner. He told me the carpool stickers were not only good for carpool lanes but also good for free meter parking in Santa Monica/Los Angeles.

Is this true? Is this good for all meters everywhere or just LA?

Thank you in advance!

Parking is free for those with valid HOV decals at any metered spot up to the stated time limit. I think you can only do this in Santa Monica and Hermosa Beach, not LA.

Here is the link to the SM site: Santa Monica OSE - Electric Vehicles

Thank you so much for those of you who were so helpful. I really appreciate it.

Not so much to those who felt the need to be so superior/sarcastic. I personally don't see a reason to be anything other than helpful. Isn't this what this forum is all about- to help/educate each other?!?

I'm sure you've heard the old adage 'if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all'? And maybe even the oldie but goodie 'treat others the way you want to be treated'. I personally love them both and try to live my life by them. Makes life so much nicer but that's my opinion.

Happy Holidays!