Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 adaptor conversion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New ones are showing CCS1 capability on the touch screen, but Tesla is not offering a CCS1 adapter in the US yet.

Tesla is offering a CCS1 adapter in Korea (Republic of) only. There is an aftermarket CCS1 adapter, but it is from a vendor in Ukraine who obviously has difficulty fulfilling orders now.

Reactions: brjr
This thread has a lot of conversation from a person who was working on doing it themselves. I suggest reading through it to possibly get a picture into why it hasnt been released for older cars in the US.

I was considering moving this thread into that one, but decided against it. With that being said, OP i suggest (strongly) that since you are asking this question, to participate in the linked thread above rather than trying to continue this discussion here.

Reactions: brjr
Yup, I know and saw this earlier. I'm not a DIY person and would prefer to have Tesla do it. I was more interested in knowing if and when Tesla might offer this as they have in Korea, etc.

You will still be better off following that thread, as if and when tesla starts to offer this officially, notice would likely be in that (very very active) thread first.

Reactions: Soul Surfer