Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coat and PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my M3 going for ceramic coat tomorrow. Curious to know if the installer will put the car in service mode? Can they even do it and would it be turning on and off every time they open a door or something?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

its geofenced to my knowledge so unless they are on a tesla lot, then no they will not be using service mode.

You also should not be using valet mode or anything, as in general installers like to use the frunk / trunk to hold the product for your install, etc. You should just talk with them about your expectations, possibly take a picture of mileage on your car now, ensure that both you and the installer know the current state of the car (walk around inspection), etc..... same thing you would do dropping any car off for service anywhere.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors and GeoG
I also don't think the energy usage should be a problem while car is being worked on. I just had my hood and front re wrapped. Fans are on, and so is music, not a big deal to me. If you are a long distance from installar maybe ask if they can plug it in. If they have worked on Tesla's before they should understand. That way you won't have to stop or won't put you in a bind on way home. Give them a key card, and empty everything out of the car.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin and GeoG
its geofenced to my knowledge so unless they are on a tesla lot, then no they will not be using service mode.

You also should not be using valet mode or anything, as in general installers like to use the frunk / trunk to hold the product for your install, etc. You should just talk with them about your expectations, possibly take a picture of mileage on your car now, ensure that both you and the installer know the current state of the car (walk around inspection), etc..... same thing you would do dropping any car off for service anywhere.
Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.

I also don't think the energy usage should be a problem while car is being worked on. I just had my hood and front re wrapped. Fans are on, and so is music, not a big deal to me. If you are a long distance from installar maybe ask if they can plug it in. If they have worked on Tesla's before they should understand. That way you won't have to stop or won't put you in a bind on way home. Give them a key card, and empty everything out of the car.
You read my mind. Thank you. Energy usage was my concern. The installer is only 30 minutes away from me. He said he could keep it plugged in if needed since it’s been in the teens at night.

I had my entire car wrapped and ceramic coated. I don't think he even used 10% of the battery. He had the doors, frunk and trunk open during the install and he also got it up to 90 degrees in the cabin when he was letting it all cure. It's a non-issue.

Reactions: GeoG
There was no reason for worry. Dropped the car off on Tuesday and picked up today at noon. Battery loss was only 2%
Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. Appreciate it.

Attachments

• M3 LR.jpg
    M3 LR.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 71