Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know where it happened but got some paint rash on my M3 right near the bottom of the driver side front bumper. Any advice on how to cover up some of this paint rash?

From reading some other blog post, Tesla‘s multi coat pearl white is not recommended anyone else faced something similar before? Appreciate your help in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 47
Very noticeable but I think easy to fix. That black is either primer or the plastic. You could use touch up paint from Tesla. However, you could go to a body shop and ask them to apply the touch up paint. Ask them just to use touch up and definitely avoid spraying and blending. That will keep the fix area small. If they insist on spraying and blending but you don't wanna pay for that, touch up yourself. I bet there's some YouTube videos on this, YouTube is awesome! Good luck.

Because of the size of that scratch, DIY touch up paint will look pretty bad. A body shop will want to paint the whole bumper and probably charge $1000+.
Look for Mobile Paint Repair in your area. Try Yelp and check out reviews and pics. A good one can fix it at your house or work and be much less expensive than a body shop.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Don’t know where it happened but got some paint rash on my M3 right near the bottom of the driver side front bumper. Any advice on how to cover up some of this paint rash?

From reading some other blog post, Tesla‘s multi coat pearl white is not recommended anyone else faced something similar before? Appreciate your help in advance.
Looks like a curb rub, Uturn or turn into a parking spot and swipe the curb.

Grab some touch up paint and blot it in or look to a mobile paint guy, they typically spray bumpers on rental fleets for rather cheap rates.