Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coating - how long to wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long is recommended to wait for the factory paint to "cure" before doing a ceramic coat? The detail shop I use uses Opti-Coat as part of his 'new car paint correction' process. With my Volt, we waited a couple of months. It still looks great after 2.5 years of living outside.

How long is recommended to wait for the factory paint to "cure" before doing a ceramic coat? The detail shop I use uses Opti-Coat as part of his 'new car paint correction' process. With my Volt, we waited a couple of months. It still looks great after 2.5 years of living outside.

You don’t need to wait ...btw I would with other ceramics but opticoat if u want a glossier look

Reactions: wws
You don’t need to wait ...btw I would with other ceramics but opticoat if u want a glossier look

Thanks!

Yesterday the detail guys and I looked the car over fairly carefully in the sun. It is the first Model 3 they've looked at - though they've done many Ss and Xs. They noticed a few places around the rear where it looked like the factory had tried to do some color sanding, but it was still a bit smudgy. He could correct it, but thought maybe I should let Tesla do it. He also found a little dark red 'pin point' that most folks would never see if it wasn't pointed out. (The factory tried to take it out too, but failed. It was in one of the 'smudgy' areas.) Not going to worry about this latter bit. I'd much rather live with it than have a repaint on that section of the car. The first rock chip will be far more noticeable.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA