Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating & PPF Recommendations (Toronto) - M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm expecting my M3 to arrive in December and have been considering ceramic coating and/or PPF.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which coating/PPF to have installed, as well as any good installers in the Toronto area?

Also, would you recommend both PPF and ceramic or just one of the two?

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
So just to be clear, PPF and ceramic have different goals. You can of course do more research on these items, but at least from what I can tell (not a huge expert, just what I have read) - PPF is for protecting your car from items that can damage paint and clearcoats, while ceramic is really there to keep the car clean with hydrophobic properties... Yes Ceramic does have hardness properties etc, but if a rock is coming your way it isn'gt going to protect it.

Like others have mentioned, once your ceramic coat, you cannot apply ppf on top, as there seems to be no items to adhere the ppf to without it falling off

As mentioned before, if you want both, you will ppf and then ceramic coat. Because they are for different things, you can decide if you want to do both.

For the Toronto area, there are plenty of folks that do this that come recommended. Personally, I have heard of good things from Westside Pro on the west side (Oakville), also Auto Links in Scarborough. Dunno where in Toronto you are, but expect to give your car up for a couple of days for this so you should think about rides / closeness of the shop to you.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Sorry I should have clarified: if I do end up getting both PPF and ceramic, I do plan to have the PPF applied first. There are so many manufacturers of ceramic coatings out there with so much marketing BS, it's hard to know which ones are the best.

I'm located near Yonge & 401 but I don't mind traveling a bit for a really excellent shop, I'd rather have a quality job done.

Sorry I should have clarified: if I do end up getting both PPF and ceramic, I do plan to have the PPF applied first. There are so many manufacturers of ceramic coatings out there with so much marketing BS, it's hard to know which ones are the best.

I'm located near Yonge & 401 but I don't mind traveling a bit for a really excellent shop, I'd rather have a quality job done.

Y/401 is my hood as well, PM incoming.

I'm expecting my M3 to arrive in December and have been considering ceramic coating and/or PPF.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which coating/PPF to have installed, as well as any good installers in the Toronto area?

Also, would you recommend both PPF and ceramic or just one of the two?
Do the PPF first then ceramic on top. The PPF will help keep the tesla paint protected from rock chips, scratches, sandblasting etc... and the ceramic coating will make it very easy to clean. If only doing one we'd suggest the PPF as it's a longer term solution and will protect far better. We would also suggest to take a look at XPEL | Paint Protection | Window Tint | Flat Glass | Anti-Microbial Film and look for one of there installers in your area.