Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Pro Coating exterior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best applied new but not necessary. Just paint correct before hand (should be done anyway).

I wouldn't trust any Ceramic Coating to last 5 years. I know there are many that claim to, and even some with warranties. But 2-3 is much more likely.

What does it look like when if starts to fail (rub off, etc)? I keep my Y in a garage and rarely use it. Live in Southern CA so no corrosives. I probably don't need it.

My PPF installer bundles at a discount Ceramic Pro with their PPF installs. All the way up to free with full coverage PPF. Several other places have quoted similar pricing in my area. I went for it since it wasn’t dramatically more than full front plus four doors.

Since I don’t have to worry about salt or sand in my area, it was mostly for easy washing that looks like a full wax job. I imagine it will also help protect against the California wild fire ash, which sadly seems to have become a seasonal thing.

According to my installer the Ceramic Pro will likely last 5 years if the car is regularly garaged in a mid climate like the Bay Area. He said Texas or Arizona heat and Northern state snow would dramatically reduce the life.

The 5 year warranty is against defects like the coat causing hazing or feeling like overspray (high spots). Unlike, PPF the warranty does not cover redoing the panel or car, just correction.

• Helpful
Reactions: JGhere
I did it myself, so easy. And I am not a car guy. The consumer product like Avalon King is very easy to do, everyone can do it.
It lasts about 2 years, vs the prod shop 5 years as they claim. Yah, the pro shop might have a little better result and last longer since they use professional-grade, but it will cost you. I am very happy with my DIY result, car shines like WAX.