Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Wax and Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure I’m going to get an opti coat pro plus ceramic wax. I’m not so sure about the clear wrap. Has anyone here done a ceramic wax? Thoughts on it? How about a wrap? Thoughts? How did it turn out? Was it worth it?

I’ve never considered doing this to a car before. I always baby my cars but the Tesla will be the most expensive car I’ve owned to date and I want to make sure it looks as good as possible as long as possible.

Also I live near Orland Park, IL. Does anyone have a shop they recommend that does both? Thanks.

If u had to pick I would do a paint protection film first at least on front half than ceramic over everything ..I assume since u drive in Midwest you will get salted roads that will chip up your car and rocker panels ...a front PPF averages around ~$1600 for an X a fill ceramic is around 1100 ..the ceramic doesn’t protect from chips only makes cleaning easier

Reactions: sleepnclass
Yah ...u do wrap first than ceramic on top ..that’s what I have works great ..for wrap on X not really worth it ..the cost is like 3times more than just doing front and it’s a ripoff as the X is all glass on top so they are not using as much material ...when you get quotes the semantics mean something vinyl wrap is like a film where u can change color of car it doesn’t have self healing properties ..a PPF paint protection film is better and has self healing properties ..(also called a clear bra )

• Informative
Reactions: xyeahtony
If u had to pick I would do a paint protection film first at least on front half than ceramic over everything ..I assume since u drive in Midwest you will get salted roads that will chip up your car and rocker panels ...a front PPF averages around ~$1600 for an X a fill ceramic is around 1100 ..the ceramic doesn’t protect from chips only makes cleaning easier

Problem is the model x front wheels shoot a lot of stuff at the door. If you don’t do it, something will bound to hit it eventually.

Reactions: P85_DA
Does the ceramic coat get rid and help prevent future swirls and minor scratches? Scratches that would buff out easily.

ceramic coat only helps you wash the car easier because dirt and other stuff can't adhere to the paint as easily. Swirls and scratches still show up on cars with ceramic coat.

If anything, ceramic coat is basically like a permanent wax. It makes your car shiny and glossy, but offers little to no protection against physical damage.

• Love
Reactions: Bogobec and P85_DA