Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHADEMO CHG_U007 ERROR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any ideas for the Chademo adapter to be acting up after a few years of sitting safely in my car? Last worked on my old 400V battery, my current HV battery is a 350V, with 14/16 modules. The green LED on the Chademo lights up during pre-charge testing, then the car pops an error CHG_U007.

I had Tesla Mobile Service update firmware on the Chademo and apparently since my new battery was installed, CHADEMO was never enabled? So a second mobile service visit they apparently re-enabled that. No issues charging from LVL 1/LVL 2 Supercharging. I've tried multiple BC Hydro 50kW stations.

With Chademo phasing out I'd like to make this one work, I can't really afford another $600 adapter. My car is a 2013 S P85 so I can't get the CCS retrofit. Maybe I can get another Tesla owner to try this CHADEMO to see if it's my car or not. Ugh

Bump.

I still find it weird that my car had chademo capabilities disabled after a battery swap. Even after enabling it my chademo adapter LED lights up green then throws the exact same error code?
Where in BC are you? If you want to meet up. we can try my adapter and see if it works in your car. I just used mine earlier today so I know it works. I'm in Sechelt today and going to Vancouver tomorrow for the next few days. Please send me a pm.