Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using Summon on my M3 has always been a little touchy. It doesn't always start right away. Usually takes a couple of minutes before it gets going.

But, in the last couple of days it's operation has changed. By the way, I'm currently running Firmware Ver. 2018 32.2. I was using the homelink tab in the upper right corner of the Summon screen to open the garage door. Then I pressed reverse and the car backed out of the garage. Suddenly, yesterday, when I pressed reverse, the door operated. What's happening now is: When summon activates, I press reverse - the door opens - the car backs out - as soon the car is clear and in the driveway, I release reverse - the door closes.

My current firmware version was downloaded over a week ago. My Question is: What changed? By the way my homelink app on the car is not set for auto-open.

• Informative
Reactions: Dana1
Solved it myself. There's a customize summon sub-menu. You can set up the garage door to automatically open/close when you initiate summon. Unfortunately, summon is not yet stable enough to make the operation automatic.