Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Changed config today. Am I screwed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I just changed my configuration from White to Black interior today after I realized my SA never made the change a month ago. Now the date for purchase on the MVPA is showing up as 12/24. So does this mean my place in line has been completely been refreshed and now I have to wait till next year? Kind of freaking out.

Also the delivery estimate of 2-4 weeks has completely disappeared from my account page. Is this the case for you guys too?

upload_2019-12-24_21-0-31.png

• Helpful
Reactions: SMAlset
It just depends on whether they have what you want in inventory. If they don’t you will have to wait until next year when they start building cars for North America again. Have you checked the available inventory site to see if they have what you want in stock?

It just depends on whether they have what you want in inventory. If they don’t you will have to wait until next year when they start building cars for North America again. Have you checked the available inventory site to see if they have what you want in stock?

All the cars in their inventory on the site are pre-production cars. Tesla stated that orders before 12/8 will most likely be fulfilled by the end of the year (I ordered on 11/29), but I'm just confused if I'll show up as an order on 12/24 since I changed my configuration.

All the cars in their inventory on the site are pre-production cars. Tesla stated that orders before 12/8 will most likely be fulfilled by the end of the year (I ordered on 11/29), but I'm just confused if I'll show up as an order on 12/24 since I changed my configuration.

Yes they are pre production, but they represent inventory that Tesla expects to be available by EoY. People ordering them are generally getting delivery updates within a few days.

Changing your order config will likely delay delivery. The website says..

"If you would like to make a change, it may affect your delivery date, and may be subject to a fee."​

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jazz3D and OCR1