Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I change the state of a message from Tesla Service to "read" when the ticket is closed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my phone, there is a blue dot next to the Tesla App's icon to tell me that something within the app needs my attention. However, when I open the app, there is no blue dot to indicate any unread messages and nothing to focus my attention elsewhere. This has been quite annoying, but I just learned to ignore the blue dot.

Last week, I opened my Tesla app to request Tesla Mobile Service come out to install my car's summer tires. In the process, I discovered a trail of blue dots designed to focus my attention on Service/History, and the conversation that I had with Tesla Service when I had them install the new winter tires that I had purchased from the Tesla Store. The cost associated with that installation was included in the price of the new tires. Therefore, I had no reason to read the last message Tesla sent with the service invoice for $0.00, and that message remained "unread". I believe this message is the source of my blue dot problem.

Two Issues:
  1. Tesla uses logic to determine "if unread messages exist" at the icon, home page, and sub-menu level. For some reason the home page logic is out of sync with the others.

2. Because my conversation with the unread message is now "closed", the message status remains "unread" even though I have now read the message. I'd suggest a change to Tesla's "if unread messages exist" logic be changed to exclude closed conversations. This would automatically resolve my blue-dot problem, and prevent others from getting caught in this trap.