Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeSmartMA App/National Grid - rebate as long as you’re in MA??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chewy13

https://ts.la/nick670348
Feb 8, 2021
Massachusetts
I should’ve screenshot it.. but if you haven’t launched the app yet, or haven’t check in a while - take a screenshot and share!

I got a notification that as long as I’m charging within MA, and it’s off peak, I’ll get the rebate - didn’t matter that I was at home!?

Hope someone else can confirm the same notification (or screenshot it). Don’t see anything in my email or on the site.

• Informative
Reactions: jeffco98
Just got the pop up as well.

Attachments

• IMG_9140.png
    IMG_9140.png
    118 KB · Views: 102
I can confirm I have been receiving rebates when not charging at home and thought it was weird. My daughter and son-in-law have had my car for the past three months, and they do not have NG. I have received rebates when they charge at home and at his work.

I charged at a cottage I rented, and also got the off peak credit.
I also see they are running a referral program...

"Thank you again for participating in the MA EV Off-Peak Charging Program, which helps you earn rebates for every kWh you charge your EV off-peak. You're a true driver of change!
Now you can earn more for growing the Massachusetts EV charging community, by earning a $25 bill credit for every National Grid customer you refer with the Charge Smart MA Referral Program.*
Best of all, your friend will earn a $50 enrollment incentive and will start to earn rebates for charging off-peak as well."

One thing to take into account, off peak is weekdays only. I do all of my driving on the weekend so it wasn't benefiting from it. I've been turning my charge level down to 50% when I get home from a Saturday drive and then set it back up to 75% during the week.

One thing to take into account, off peak is weekdays only. I do all of my driving on the weekend so it wasn't benefiting from it. I've been turning my charge level down to 50% when I get home from a Saturday drive and then set it back up to 75% during the week.
Yeah I just use Tessie automations to do that automatically.
I’ll charge 50% throughout the week, 69% on Thursday, then 80% on Friday night.
And then charge to 50% at midnight Monday.
I’ll then set up an automation for the charger near my office, and also bump my charge limit to 80% if I leave my home geofence