Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at a Villa in Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RJDAVID

Aug 4, 2017
UK
Hi. I am planning a road trip to Puglia in Southern Italy next year in my 2017 MS 75. The trip there is covered by Superchargers so that is not a problem but does anyone have experience they can share about charging using domestic mains? I will be staying in a villa which will not have a specific EV charger. Is it feasible to charge from the mains there and if so, do I need to take any additional cables or adaptors other than supplied as standard with the car? I have a dry box in case it rains. I can charge in towns I visit but it would be much easier to charge overnight if that is possible. I wouldn't need a full charge, just a top up of about 50 miles per day, perhaps 100 miles at most on one or two occasions. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi. I am planning a road trip to Puglia in Southern Italy next year in my 2017 MS 75. The trip there is covered by Superchargers so that is not a problem but does anyone have experience they can share about charging using domestic mains? I will be staying in a villa which will not have a specific EV charger. Is it feasible to charge from the mains there and if so, do I need to take any additional cables or adaptors other than supplied as standard with the car? I have a dry box in case it rains. I can charge in towns I visit but it would be much easier to charge overnight if that is possible. I wouldn't need a full charge, just a top up of about 50 miles per day, perhaps 100 miles at most on one or two occasions. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I read your post just today, and I wonder how did it go. I live in Italy and our sockets few times are of SHUKO (German) type, most of the time are "Italian type".

For other viewers, south Italy is waaaayy behind in terms of tehnology of any kind, so do not expect too many chargers around