Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lzolman

Never thought I'd be driving the world's best car!
Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Boston North Shore
Hi - I'm stuck at the Hampton Inn in Kearney, NE with 7 mi of range on the battery, charging at a lamp post. The ChargePoint stalls at the Crown Plaza next door are CHAdeMO I and don't have that adapter. Can't use my Tesla-provided J1772 adapter on them.

There's supposedly another ChargePoint at the Walmart that a web page says has J1772, but it's 4+ miles away. Right now if I go there and it doesn't work I'm screwed.

I need to get to the next SC which is in Grand Island, 41 miles away, hopefully by tomorrow!

Can anyone tell me if my J1772 adapter will work on any charging points in Kearney, NE, such as at the Wal-Mart?

Thanks!

I hope this helps.

There is a ChargePoint J1772, 6.6 kW, unit a few blocks away from you at a place called Younes South.

The address is 610 Talmadge St, Kearney, NE 68845, USA

PlugShare link: Younes South | PlugShare

Here's a screenshot of the PlugShare map showing the station in relations to the Hampton Inn.
Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 7.48.59 PM.png

Thanks.... it may or may not be the same one, but I found another ChargePoint at the Fairfield Inn across the street that is J1772 so I'm all set now, phew.

It really threw me that the first ChargePoint at the Crown Plaza next door was all CHAdeMO, so I thought *ALL* ChargePoint stations were only CHAdeMO. But NooooOOOoooooo, the one at the Fairfield, that must be the one you suggested, is good. I'm charging at 22mph and breathing a whole lot easier!